See your distribution & manufacturing options.
Prospective businesses have various options in FTZ 68, they are:
- Use a 3rd Party Logistics Warehouse that offers FTZ services (Interested party should contact 3PL directly for rates, See list in 3PL Warehouses)
- Activation of a Distribution Facility in the General Purpose Zone.
- Prospective business can be set up as an FTZ User where a company operates as a User under the Customs bond of the City (Fees are based on transaction activity)
- Prospective business if owner of goods can activate as its own Distribution Operator (annual fee based)
Contact FTZ Manager
David R. Panko
501 George Perry, Suite I
El Paso, TX 79925
- Contact the Grantee/Operator to discuss the intended processes and procedures desired for implementation.
- Fill out and return the FTZ Activation Information Sheet to FTZ 68 office.
- Submit a letter of intent on your company letterhead to FTZ 68 requesting FTZ activation.
- Submit a copy of the Articles of Incorporation/Assumed Name certificate.
- Submit a copy of the lease agreement or deed of property for the facility.
- Submit copies of the facility layouts showing relationship to streets, and the FTZ area to be activated within the facility.
- Pay activation fee to the City of El Paso.
- Sign an agreement with City of El Paso to properly operate the FTZ program within your company.
- Prepare a Procedures Manual.
- Obtain a FTZ Bond (surety bond) for the benefit of the City. Also a CBP bond based on the type of User or Operator bond required by CBP.
- Provide a Certificate of Insurance with the City as an additional insured on User’s General Liability and Automobile Policies, amounts on each policy are $500,000 for bodily injury or death and $100,000 for property damage for each occurrence.